This is a good time of year to prepare for winter storms that could disrupt electrical service at Glen Ridge. Since your unit uses electrical power for heat, you are vulnerable to power outages, even if infrequent. Therefore; Emergency Preparedness is vital! Now is the time to prepare, not after a winter storm has interrupted your electrical service – it gets cold quickly!
Here are our suggestions for Emergency Preparedness:
- Working flashlights (2) with fresh batteries
- Battery operated radio, extra batteries
- Know where your medications are, when and how to take
them – have at least 2 week supply, just in case
Here are our suggestions to avoid harm:
- Don’t use open flames in your unit, no candles or lanterns
- Don’t cook on an open flame
- And most importantly, check on your neighbors
Severe winter storms occur every winter in New England but power outages at Glen Ridge are infrequent. But, that is no excuse to be unprepared; being properly prepared for the worst conditions makes a New England winter storm enjoyable, scenic, and exciting.
Glen Ridge Cooperative EMERGENCY PHONE # is 877-686-4775